DS3231 is a low-cost, extremely accurate I2C real-time clock (RTC), with an integrated temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO) and crystal. The device incorporates a battery holder, if you disconnect the main power supply it maintains accurate timekeeping. The integrated oscillator improves long-term accuracy of the device and reduces the number of components on the production line. The DS3231 is available in commercial and industrial temperature ranges, using a 16-pin 300mil SO package.
RTC maintains seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month, and year information. If there's less than 31 days in the month the end date will be automatically adjusted, including corrections for leap year. The clock operates in either the 24 hour or 12 hour format with AM/PM indication. The chip provides two configurable alarm clocks and with calendar, the module can be set to a square wave output. Address and data are transferred serially through an I2C bidirectional bus.
A precision temperature-compensated voltage reference and comparator circuit monitors the status of VCC to detect power failures, provide a reset output, and if necessary automatically switch to the backup power supply. In addition, / RST pin is monitored as generating μP reset manually.
DS3231 also has some other features that extend the system a host of additional features and a range of options. The device integrates a very precise digital temperature sensor, accessed through the I2C interface. This temperature sensor accuracy is ± 3 ° C. On-chip power supply control circuit can automatically detect and manage the main and standby power (i.e., low-voltage battery) to switch between the power supply. If the mains power fails the device can continue to provide accurate timing and temperature, performance is not affected. When the mains power is restored or voltage value returns to within the allowable range, the on-chip reset function can be used to restart the system microprocessor.
Module Parameters :
1. Size: 38mm (length) x 22mm (W) x 14mm (height)
2. Weight: 8g
3. Operating voltage: 3.3v - 5.5v
4. Clock chip: high-precision clock chip DS3231.
5. Clock Accuracy: 0-40 ℃ range an accuracy of 2ppm, around ±1 minute per year.
6. Calendar alarm clock with two alarms.
7. Programmable square-wave output.
8. Real time clock generator producing seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month and year timing, providing valid leap year compensation until 2100.
9. Chip temperature sensor comes with an accuracy of ± 3 ℃
10. Memory chips: AT24C32 (storage capacity 32K)
11. I2C / IIC bus interface, the maximum transmission speed of 400KHz (working voltage of 5V)
12. Can be cascaded with other IIC devices, 24C32 addresses can be modified by shorting A0/A1/A2, default address is 0x57
13. Accepts CR2032 or LiR2032 to ensure time keeping after power failure.
14. Packing: single anti-static packaging
Wiring instructions (with Arduino UNO R3 for example):
SCL → A5
SDA → A4
VCC → 5V
GND → GND
Package includes: This module will be sent without the cell battery.
1 X DS3231 Precision Real Time Clock & Memory Module
Note: all the descriptions and prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Free Shipping: No
Shipping Weight/Unit(g): 0.00
Std. Packing Qty. (pcs): 1